Day Camp Program Coordinator
|Open Date||May 07 2021 - 12:00:00 PM||Close Date||Jun 18 2021 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Day Camp Program Coordinator||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Department||Parks & Recreation||Openings||1|
The Day Camp Coordinator will manage program planning, delivery, administration and supervision of recreation programs and special events:
Responsibilities will include:
- Organize, plan and implement daily camp programs for approximately 120 campers ages 4 – 12, participating in trips, games, sports and swimming.
- Creates camp program plans including field trips, day plans, special guests and daily camp activities.
- Liaise with parents and caregivers demonstrating excellent customer service to all stakeholders internal and external.
- Set-up and clean-up of camp events, activities and programs.
- Provide regular updates and feedback to the Recreation Supervisor.
- Orders, coordinates and controls supplies and equipment inventory for programs and special events.
- Creation of promotion materials for programs and special events.
- Provides ongoing training, coaching and recognition to staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrates the confidence and ability to make decisions independently in the best interests of the campers, resolving problems and conflicts.
- Maintain camp documentation including registration information, inclusion forms, camper profiles, timesheets, etc.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Previous leadership experience in a camp environment.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution in a related field.
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR “C” and AED.
- HIGH FIVE: Principles of Healthy Child Development.
- HIGH FIVE: QUEST 2 (an asset).
- Experience with CLASS Software an asset
- Positive attitude
- Organizational skills
This position will work 20 hours per week for 4 weeks and then transition to 40 hours per week for 15 Weeks.
Working weekends, evenings and Canada Day will be required.