Day Camp Inclusion Coordinator
|Open Date||May 04 2021 - 11:30:00 AM||Close Date||Jun 18 2021 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Day Camp Inclusion Coordinator||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Department||Parks & Recreation||Openings||1|
The Day Camp Inclusion Coordinator will manage program delivery, administration and supervision of Special Needs/Inclusion services within Summer Day Camp.
Responsiblities will include:
- Provide daily direction and support to staff and volunteers.
- Ensures that daily activities are adapted to individual participant needs.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate volunteers.
- Conduct intake meetings with families as required to better understand individual needs.
- Provides ongoing training, coaching and recognition to staff and volunteers.
- Researches information regarding various special needs to ensure successful integration and accommodation.
- Controls adaptive supplies and equipment inventory.
- Demonstrates the confidence and ability to make decisions independently in the best interests of the campers, resolving problems and conflicts.
- Maintain camp documentation including registration information, inclusion forms, camper profiles, timesheets, etc.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution in a related field.
- Previous leadership experience in a camp environment delivering support to participants with special needs.
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR “C” and AED.
- HIGH FIVE: Principles of Healthy Child Development
- Positive attitude
- Organizational skills
This position will work 20 hours per week for 4 weeks and then transition to 40 hours per week for 15 Weeks.
Working weekends, evenings and Canada Day will be required.